Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Jubilee 2011

Last Saturday I volunteered my time as a photographer to help out with Jubilee.  What is this Jubilee, you ask?  "Jubilee is a one-day celebration honoring members in our community who are in need with a day filled with fun, hope and encouragement. Through donations from churches, individuals, corporations and other organizations, Jubilee offers the blessings of food, merchandise and services all in a fun, festive atmosphere. It's all done in the name of Jesus and it's all FREE!"  Check it out at www.jubileemn.org.


I met and photographed about 33 families and worked with some fantastic volunteers.  It was a long day and a great learning experience - I worked with sets and props and I had to be creative with a limited amount of time and space.  I walked away with over 700 shots, and a tremendous appreciation for all the people who regularly volunteer their time and energy to help others in need, not just one day of the year, but throughout their lives.  I also had the honor of meeting lots of people from all walks of life who came to be blessed at this event.
Thank you Jubilee, and thank you Jesus, for a wonderful day!
Here is a collage of some of my favorite shots from the day.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking for a Family Photographer?

Visit my website:
www.jbruecknerphoto.smugmug.com
For session details, pricing and appointments, contact me via email or phone:
jbruecknerphoto@gmail.com
651.327.0865